Not only will you save like a million dollars by making this at home but it also tastes like 99x better. Hopefully you live in a place with a Trader Joe’s within driving distance – if not, you better book your plane ticket now… Jk. Just email us and we can send you a box of the goodies you’ll need. Now we have to disclose that this is not an ad nor is it a sponsored post. We just love Trader Joe’s and Avocado Toast and have found that shopping there for certain (if not, all) ingredients is easier and more affordable. Now let’s get into the nitty-gritty. You’re going to be blown away with how simple this is….
TBOF Avocado Toast – serves 2
What You’ll Need:
Package of Crumbled Feta – we like the Crumbled Fat Free Feta, but use any you wish
Tbsp Lemon Juice
4 Slices of Sourdough Bread
Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
(optional) 1 oz (or small spoon scoop) of dried, minced onions
How to assemble:
- First, plop your bread into a toaster. Toaster oven, regular toaster, whatever you use to toast bread. If you don’t have a toaster, not only do we feel bad for you but you can also just not toast the bread. It really doesn’t make a difference – just our preference.
- Second, cut and mash your avocados into a bowl. We like to cut the avocado with a knife, spoon it out into a bowl and then use a fork to mash. You can use whatever process you like – just mash it up but leave it a little chunky – ya know what I mean?
- Next, add in the tablespoon of lemon juice and if you like it a bit more savory, add the dried minced onions. Mix it up. We love to add this because it makes every bite a bit more crunchy and flavorful.
- After removing your toast from the toaster – if you elected to toast your bread – and place on a plate. (obviously). Next, scoop out the avocado mash onto the toast and while using your fork – make cool lines. See the photo below to see what we mean. Note – this is totally optional, just makes it look more ‘grammable.
- Once you’ve placed the Avocado mash, next sprinkle your crumbled feta on top. Be generous here – the more feta, the better.
- Next, shake on the Everything but the Bagel seasoning. This really transforms the toast and it is honestly the most addicting stuff in the world.
- Last but not least, get that toast in some good lighting and snap a pic to your ‘gram. Make sure to tag us and include the #TBOFAvoToast. We’ll share the best to our stories.
If you seriously don’t live near a TJ’s let us know – we can mail you the Everything but the Bagel seasoning directly to your doorstep. You’ll need it and love it. Email us – email@example.com.